When Life Sends You On A Journey

Saturday, March 23

Life Can Be So Confusing...

I always thought I understood how things worked in the world I knew.  

                     BOY WAS I WRONG !!  

We are brought up usually in a family with guiding tenets set down by whatever faith or moral compass our parents and/or caregivers shared with us.  We learn things from our parents, as well as peers, teachers, preachers, coworkers, strangers, and the cashier at the grocery store.  When we are little we take at face value the words people with authority over us as gospel....until we grow up and learn new ideas. 

I have wrestled with many new ideas since I graduated high school.  Do I have to follow in the footsteps of my parents?  What do I really want to be when I grow up?  How do I ever get along with all these different personalities?  How am I to be in this huge world?  How do you know there is a Creator and does this Creator really love me?    

These are some of the big questions among many that were there in my head all the time.  I'd ask mentors and friends often where I was going wrong in my life.  Why wasn't I happy like others I was around.  I'd ask, "How do you know you're doing what you were meant to do in this life?"  I would ask 20 people the same question and get awfully different answers.  Nothing seemed to help me GET IT.

When I was in my early twenties I thought I would study the World's religions and see if my Catholic faith was the best one to stay with (aside from getting college credit for a degree).  I got more confused, the more I read.  I drifted away from the Church for 15 years.  Then a series of things happened and I was slowly being pulled back in.  That was a little over 14 years ago.  Then more of life's confusing ways came to rain down around me, and I was adrift again.  That was 4 years ago.  And now recently I have had another pull toward something.  It's not quite in the same direction as before.  This is totally different.  And so starts my story.

                               This blog is my place to tell others my journey in life. 

                                                    Blessings to you if you stay to read on.

1 comment:

  1. You are certainly not the only one that wonders how you know if you are doing what you are meant to do. I still battle that question.

    Good blog...looking forward to checking back in.

    ReplyDelete