When Life Sends You On A Journey

Sunday, March 31

Easters Past ....

Happy Easter one and all!

I wanted to leave you with some remembrances past of the holiday of Easter.  We'll be back to discussing my family linage and all things relative (pun intended).   I have added a playlist of 2 of my favorite Easter hymns.   Play them if you want while you're reading today's post.

Coming from a Catholic background, we had to go to Mass Easter morning every year, and like they always say, those that don't worship weekly always show up on Easter and Christmas services.  I don't recall an Easter Mass that didn't have lines of people standing around the back and side of Church.  

We usually went out for brunch on Easter and then back home to see what all the Easter Bunny left us.   Each of kids with our baskets and always plenty of chocolates and sweets, and my favorite the big Chocolate Bunny.   I loved eating that bunny, ears first so he couldn't hear the rest of us. 

One Easter weekend my Mom had the family over, not sure if it was a mixture of Mom's family and Dad's, I just remember because the weather wasn't good outside, she hid colored eggs all over the house so all the young kids could look for them.   That was a fun holiday that year. 

There was the year that I remember Mom looking out the window and telling us the Easter Bunny was outside in the yard, bringing us our eggs.  I believed her, I always believed what the adults told me about such things....until I was old enough to know better.   I had pictured in my mind I would run outside to greet the Easter Bunny, but I didn't.   Part of me was too scared, cause I knew he was huge.  

Easter is the highlight of the Christian faith, when Jesus died for our sins and rose again on the third day.  When you're a kid you might not understand any of that part, but you always remember the eggs and beautiful Spring colors and bunnies. 

Enjoy your holiday those of you that Celebrate Easter!



Joy and Peace


He Is Risen !


Symbol of new life and rebirth


1 comment:

  1. Sounds like my Easter's past. Guess all families are pretty much the same when you come right down to it. Happy Day!

    ReplyDelete